From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: usb to ethernet
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:50:31
1 Neil Walker <neil <at> ep.mine.nu> writes:
2
3 James wrote:
4 > > http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=17669+CP
5
6 > > My question is has anyone every got one of these working on gentoo,
7 > > or a similar product from another vendor?
8
9 > Errm ....... quite honestly, why would you want to?
12 Lots of reasons. Turn a laptop into a multi segment router
13 at winblows friend's house. One of many cool things you can do.
14
15 Sniffing specific subnets while sending normal packets out another
16 interface.
19 I do a lots of machine control, in 'up-tight' networks as a consultant.
20 Lots of things one can do to impress the folks that pony up the cash.....
24 cheers!
25
26 James