From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Backup software for CDs.
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:50:01
1 OK. I have a update on this back-up thing. It don't work. I read that
2 if you start it with no options it will figure most of it out then ask
3 you for the rest. So I tried that way first. I get this though:
4
5 > root@smoker / # mondoarchive
6 > Initializing...
7 > See /var/log/mondo-archive.log for details of backup run.
8 > Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
9 > Please install 'mindi'. I cannot find it on your system.
10 > There may be hyperlink at http://www.mondorescue.com which
11 > will take you to the relevant (missing) package.
12 > Could not ascertain mindi's version number.
13 > You have not installed Mondo and/or Mindi properly.
14 > Please uninstall and reinstall them both.
15 > Fatal error... Please reinstall Mondo and Mindi.
16 > ---FATALERROR--- Please reinstall Mondo and Mindi.
17 > Please try the snapshot (the version with 'cvs' and the date in its
18 > filename)to see if that fixes the problem. Please don't bother the
19 > mailing list withyour problem UNTIL you've tried the snapshot. The
20 > snapshot contains bugfixeswhich might help you. Go to
21 > http://www.mondorescue.org/download/download.htmlFor more information.
22 > Log file: /var/log/mondo-archive.log
23 > FYI, I have gzipped the log and saved it to /tmp/MA.log.gz
24 > Mondo has aborted.
25 > Execution run ended; result=254
26 > Type 'less /var/log/mondo-archive.log' to see the output log
27 > root@smoker / #
28
29 So, it seems that it doesn't like the versions that I have installed or
30 something else is broke one. This is what I have installed:
31
32 > root@smoker / # equery list mondo
33 > [ Searching for package 'mondo' in all categories among: ]
34 > * installed packages
35 > [I--] [ ~] app-backup/mondo-rescue-2.04 (0)
36 > root@smoker / # equery list mindi
37 > [ Searching for package 'mindi' in all categories among: ]
38 > * installed packages
39 > [I--] [ ~] sys-apps/mindi-1.11 (0)
40 > [I--] [ ~] sys-apps/mindi-kernel-1.0-r1 (0)
41 > root@smoker / #
42
43 Some may recall that I had "issues" with this when I was emerging it.
44 It seemed that each time I stopped and picked up another version of
45 something it was skipping some things it said it needed before. Maybe
46 this is normal, maybe this is what is wrong.
47
48 Anybody have any clues how to get past this? I like this one because I
49 can make a CD that boots and restore from that. Kdar does work though.
50
51 Thanks
52
53 Dale
54
56
57 P.S. This is a resend. I didn't get a copy back and I always have in
58 the past. Apologies if this is a dup.
63 www.myspace.com/dalek1967
67 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list