From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FS for laptop
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 04:46:34
1 Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > Hmm, this article suggests that XFS is the best thing since sliced bread . . .
4 > especially for files greater than 500MB. Not sure I've got many of these.
5 >
6 > Has anyone got a particularly good experience with XFS vs e.g. Reiserfs? What
7 > about JFS?
10 I have used xfs on 2 Gentoo servers for the last year of so - several
11 power outages, no problems:
12
13 $ df -m
14 Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
15 /dev/md/2 529 94 435 18% /
16 /dev/md/0 129 16 114 13% /boot
17 /dev/md/3 3911 2060 1852 53% /tmp
18 /dev/md/4 3911 473 3439 13% /var
19 /dev/md/5 19537 5710 13828 30% /usr
20 /dev/md/6 19537 5852 13686 30% /home
21 /dev/md/7 104841 41208 63634 40% /data0
24 Previous to that I used xfs on Mandake... before 'seeing the light' and
25 moving to Gentoo... :-) .
26
27 Conversly my experience with reiserfs has been consistent data
28 corruption... so I avoid using it (mind you it's probably fine *now*,
29 this was a few years ago).
30
31 Cheers
32