From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE menu missing
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:30:23
1 090608 Mick wrote:
2 > Just updated my KDE to the latest 3.5.10 and discovered
3 > there is no KDE menu! This means no KDE applications menu,
4 > & no menu on the left hand pane when I run kcontrol from a terminal:
5 > kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found!
6 > Defaulting to Settings/
7 > Also, I used to have this in my Fluxbox menu to launch Konqueror:
8 > [exec] (Konqueror) {kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing}
9 > However, this won't launch konqueror anymore.
10 > elog said something about running kbuildsycoca as the user
11 > I want to launch konqueror from, which I did,
12 > but is there anything else I should do to fix any of the above?
13
14 I gave up on the KDE desktop after investigating KDE 4.2.1 (ugh!)
15 & finding that the latest Fluxbox 1.1.1 was a bit better for what I do,
16 so I no longer use a KDE menu, but after updating to Kdelibs 3.5.10-r6 ,
17 I too encountered the problem with Konqueror above,
18 for which the fix is to rewrite with '{konqueror}'.
19
20 BTW I recommend Apwal for a quick & pretty desktop menu
21 besides the more orthodox list you can put into the Fluxbox menu.
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca