From: Michal Kurgan <linux_user@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] usb storage transfer is very slow
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:15:05
1 Hello!
2 Recently i spotted that my usb flash memory work very slow, about 5kB/s on
3 write. On internet search i discover that it's problem with new kernel
4 (2.6.12) and "sync" mount option, that is now correctly(?) respected by fat
5 filesystem.
6 This is my case, but i want to have sth like sync when using removable
7 devices, is there any option to do this? I much prefer that i see that sth is
8 copied, not only then when i will try unmount device (in this case i don't
9 know if there are any problems, earlier with sync i saw transfer rate, and
10 this is what i want)
11 --
12 Michal Kurgan
13 --