From: Elric Wolfsbruder <elric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kmail / uw-imap problems
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:36:03
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am currently having some interesting problems with kmail since the flagging of
4 kde-4.3.1 as "stable"
5
6 I can no longer access my imap mail boxes.
7
8 On the client side there is kmail 1.12.1 in KDE 4.3.1-r1 built with (handbook
9 kontact semantic-desktop).
10
11 On the erver side there is uw-imap 2007e built with (ssl).
12
13 kmail Will not authtenticate to the imap server.
14
15 Error:
16 Authorization failed, Unable to authenticate via CRAM-MD5.
17 The server arioch replied:
18 Invalid authentication credentials authentication not supported
21 The funny thing here is that under kde-3.5.10 kmail 1.9.10 will authenticate
22 without any problems.
23
24 Any idea's, suggestions or thoughts?
27 Elric elric@×××××.com
28
29 (217th Tactical Audit & Accounting Wing - Because the Front Line has
30 a Bottom Line.)