From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't send email anymore. O_O
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:58:45
1 Hi Eric,
2 on Thursday, 2006-01-12 at 14:35:52, you wrote:
3 > Yup, it's Kmail. What setup do you use for sending mail? Some ISPs have
4 > configs that block port 25 from being used for third party servers. Could be
5 > they put in a port blocker recently, and you're just one of the few people
6 > who are having problems with it.
7
8 That would be my guess as well, I had this problem before. I think it
9 was that I invented a domainname for the machine that only had a dialup
10 connection anyway, and that was what it sent in the SMTP HELO. Somebody
11 at the ISP's thought refusing "aliens" in the HELO phase was a good
12 idea against spam but they didn't tell the support people about it so
13 they insisted that nothing was changed. tcpdump helped.
14
15 cheers!
16 Matthias
17 --
18 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
19 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665