From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Attic (cvs) -> ???(git)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 19:49:39
1 Howdy,
4 So using wget to fetch {package/files} from the gentoo attic was/is a reliable
5 exercise to build things removed from the tree, into one's
6 /usr/local/portage tree. It still works, but I'm guessing there is a now a
7 "github_way" to do this. A Fully automated script? I could not find a
8 gentoo wiki page to such effect, nor any other suggested pathway, but surely
9 it exists? I guessing the gentoo's cvs_attic is deprecated now and thus
10 subject to removal in the near future?
13 I'd would be excited to see a specific example, using git on on of the
14 recently removed packages "app-misc/multimon" [1], which was just removed
15 from the portage tree, unless someone wants to use another example. That
16 package is about radio packets.
19 Furthermore, I intend to rescue quite a few old C codes, so bear that in
20 mind should anyone's pedantic latencies give them urges for organizational
21 guidelines in addition to raw syntax tidbits.
24 James
25
26 [1] http://www.arrl.org/digital-data-modes