From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Opera and Konqueror won't print, but FF works fine
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:19:59
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > [ebuild R ] net-print/cups-1.3.11-r2 USE="X acl dbus gnutls jpeg ldap pam
7
8 > [ebuild R ] net-print/hplip-3.9.12-r1 USE="X hpcups hpijs libnotify qt4 -
11 Hello Mick,
12
13 I got a new hp printer and had to use the latest testing versions
14 of cups and hplip to get it working correctly:
15
16 net-print/cups-1.4.4 (X acl dbus gnutls java jpeg ldap pam perl php png python
17 slp ssl threads tiff usb)
18 net-print/hplip-3.10.6(X hpcups libnotify qt4 scanner snmp)
19
20 Sometimes also you have to delete a setup and set the printer
21 up from scratch.
22
23 However, I think your problems are related to the fact it's a pdf........
24 being printed from a browser? PDF files are all that is broken with
25 Opera
26
27 Unfortunately, when I have printer problems, I just have to keep hacking
28 at it. Solutions never seem methodical for me. I also keep backups of
29 old config files in /etc/cups directory, to sometimes manually hack at the
30 relevant config files.....
33 hth,
34 James