From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In search of two applikations
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:31:28
1 On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 07:32:45 +0200 (CEST)
2 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
3
4 > First one:
5 > What dvb-t TV-watching applikation is a good one ? My dvb-t card is
6 > recognized by lspci like that:
7 > 00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
8 > 00:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
9
10 Right well that doesn't look like a DVB-T card to me, it looks like a
11 framegrabber for ordinary analogue TV.
12
13 modprobe bttv
14
15 should load the module, and assuming it is the only v4l device you have
16 it will create a device called /dev/video0
17
18 now try watching with xawtv, and if that works graduate to tvtime. Both
19 in portage.
22 > I tried xmltv just to scan the channels with a vanilla Linux kernel
23 > 2.6.16, but xmltv seems not to understand my card (or vice
24 > versa)...or the version of the portage tree is outdated ? Dont know...
25
26 xmltv has no connection with your tv card. xmltv downloads programme
27 listings, but it doesn't tune your card. It tells you what is on TV, but
28 doesn't play it for you.
32 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list