From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:48:33
1 On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:21:06 -0700 Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > No. It is not possible in Unity or, at least, it was not possible
5 > > in Unity at the time when Ubuntu 12.04 was released. They really
6 > > *forced* their users to accept the new place of the closing window
7 > > frame button and have argued that it is more ergonomic.
8 > >
9 > > There was not any possibility to change the place of the closing
10 > > window frame button in Unity via configuration options. Quite a
11 > > lot of Ubuntu users complained about it yet in Ubuntu 10.04,
12 > > where the new place of that button was a new default though
13 > > it was possible to change it back via configuration options.
14 > > In Unity, it was absolutely impossible.
17 > Try Lubuntu, with LXDE.
18
19 Thank you, but I have already tried Gentoo with xfce4. :)
20
21 P.S. Actually, I have tried Lubuntu in my VirtualBox on Gentoo
22 and did not liked it. May be Xubuntu would be a decent choice
23 if I would like to return to pre-compiled commercial distribution
24 but I much more like Gentoo with xfce4 now.