From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:43:06
1 Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 22:59
2 schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 22:46:50 +0200, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 >
6 > > That's not the point. If you wanna talk about stuff that's
7 > > apparently absolut useless to almost every member of this ML, then
8 > > you should do this at another place. Especially discussions with
9 > > politically and or military background are IMHO absolutely
10 > > inappropriate.
11 >
12 > I don't consider this either political or military. The Spitfire and
13 > Hurricane are classic aircraft and respected from a technological
14 > point of view (speaking militarily, the Me109 was probably a more
15 > capable fighting machine).
16
17 I don't wanna answer to this because it would possibly lead to a really
18 politically discussion. ;-)
19
20 > > But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Why shouldn't we talk here about
21 > > everything that cross one's mind? We could mark it as OT in the
22 > > subject line, so it should be no problem for everyone. Maybe we
23 > > should discuss the local daily weather? I think, that's a pretty
24 > > good idea as it would increase the noise level of this list even
25 > > more. What do you think?
26 >
27 > I think you should calm down. If people who post a lot of useful
28 > information to this list want to engage in clearly highlighted light
29 > relief, let them. I found the thread interesting to read but did not
30 > contribute, partly because it was OT, so your heavy handed
31 > intervention has only served to worsen the situation (now we are
32 > getting in to military and political areas).
33
34 Words full of wisdom. I need a moment to clear my mind...
35
36 ...I decided that I will not receive this mailing list on my smartphone
37 any longer. Reading it on my Desktop-PC is sufficient. This will help me
38 to calm down. ;-)