From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg 1.20.x not working
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:55:44
1 On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:18:37 +0800 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a problem with any of the xorg-server 1.20.x series where I can
5 > start simple apps like xterm but more complexapps like firefox and
6 > thunderbird (for example) hang X with no erros in dmessage, log,
7 > Xorg.0.log, .xsession-errors etc.  The mouse can move but no clicks are
8 > accepted.  I have also recently run emerge -ep  with the profile upgrade
9 > (using 1.19 as I needed to use the system at the time) and a previous
10 > rebuild of almost everything with 1.20 installed with no change.
11
12 You need to rebuild all x11-drivers after xorg update. Input
13 problems you are describing are likely caused by modules built for
14 older xorg version.
15
16 Try:
17 # emerge -av $(eix -IC x11-drivers --only-names)
18
19 Best regards,
20 Andrew Savchenko