From: Neal Hogan <nealhogan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mythtv dependencies
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:43:40
1 <I posted this to getoo-media@ mut the list looks to be . . . "not-active.">
2
3 I'm new to gentoo and the main reason for coming to gentoo is that I
4 have an extra machine that I'd like to use as a DVR. Thus, I've
5 installed mythtv.
6
7 In general, the experience has been pleasant. However, I wonder about
8 two things regarding emerge and mythtv's dependencies. The first is
9 that mythtv failed to fully compile the first time because unzip was
10 not installed. Next, is once mythtv finished compiling I tried to fire
11 it up (mythtv-setup) and it was apparent that X was not installed.
12
13 These are not major "problems," since gentoo seems to be a friendly
14 distro (so far) and emerging unzip and X went/is going just fine. I
15 just found it odd that the mythtv package didn't "make sure" unzip and
16 X were present before it was installed.
17
18 Thoughts?