From: Erik <esigra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] connecting phone (sonyericsson c702) as mass storage device: one works, not the other
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:42:09
1 I have a strange problem when trying to connect a telephone
2 (SonyEricsspm C702) as a mass storage device.I have 2 such telephones,
3 let us call them Black and Green.
4
5 I could always connect Black. KDE showed that it had detected the device
6 and offered to open system:/media/sdb1 (the memory card) and
7 system:/media/sda1 (the builtin memory).
8
9 But with Green, I never get any popup in KDE.
10
11 On a work computer (with Microsoft Windows XP), the telephones behave
12 identically; they work.
13
14 I use Linux 2.6.30-gentoo-r6. I attach some output from
15 /var/log/messages for the 2 telephones:

Black.log text/plain
Green.log text/plain