From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Today's sync breaks stuff
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:22:45
1 Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Here follows a quick heads up to save someone's hair (mine's been pulled
5 > out).
6 >
7 > If you emerge --sync && emerge world today, make sure you do it the
8 > right way this time:
9 >
10 > 1. read the elogs
11 > 2. revdep-rebuild
12 > 3. then and only then, reboot. Better still, exit X and log in again to
13 > make sure it still works then only reboot.
14 >
15 > libtool got bumped to 2.2.4, which installs libltdl.so.3 which breaks a
16 > huge list of dependencies - much longer than I've seen in ages. In my
17 > case my dm and wm were broken so when X starts nothing happens and I
18 > lost the keyboard. Couldn't even get to a virtual console so had to do
19 > the usual fight with boot single user mode, remount / rw, start lvm,
20 > manually mount ... you get the idea
23 In my system (synced this morning) libtool is still firmly at 1.5.2 -
24 are you talking about ~x86 systems, isn't it?
25
26 m.
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list