From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware and the order of init scripts
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:56:44
1 On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:57:44 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > I keep getting complaints that vmware and cups form a dependency cycle,
4 > although I haven't seen it be a problem in practice.
5
6 I've been seeing this message for ages and haven't had a problem with it.
7
8 > However, I just rebooted my system (a very rare event), and found that
9 > there's a real problem with vmware and apache2. Apache2 comes first,
10 > but it's set up knowing about the pseudo-networks that vmware
11 > establishes, and it's starting before the networks are alive. This
12 > makes it give up and die.
13
14 Add "use vmware" to the depend section of /etc/init.d/apache. See the dependencies section of "/etc/init.d/apache2 help for more detail.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)