From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Solved.Re: X/ati/amd/kde4/hal/evdev/??? problem
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:19:19
1 On Freitag 17 Juli 2009, James wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
3 > > 106W with catalyst.
4 > > 170W with open source drivers.
5 >
6 > Nice to know. Can you be verbose on how you measured these
7 > values.
8
9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattmeter
13 > > fan quiet with catalyst (not able to hear it) in KDE and most of the time
14 > > playing games.
15 > > fan extremely loud with open source drivers.
16 >
17 > I have 2 of these fanless cards and they are fantastic
18 > ASUS EAH4350 Silent.
19
20 I have a 3870 - factory overclocked. Not way I can cool that one 'passive'.
21 And there is no need, because with catalyst the fan is inaudible most of the
22 time (except menus in ut2004 or after a while of gaming. Since I wear
23 headphones when I play games it doesn't matter).
26 > > to display video or a 3d game starts there is a high chance that the box
27 > > might lock up in the next couple of minutes.
28 >
29 > What is a good game/prog to test 3D with on a given
30 > ATI video card?
31
32 ut2004? vegastrike? unigine? openarena? nexuiz?