From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have no sound in my gentoo install.
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:29:23
1 On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 8:07 AM Guillermo <guillermo18barresiones@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > Hello all,
5 >
6 > Basically i have installed gentoo, but i don't have any type of sound, i
7 > installed pulseaudio and alsa but no one worked fine since i have no
8 sound.
9 >
10 > Thanks for your help.
13 If you're going to run pulseaudio then consider starting with pavucontrol
14 to see what PA thinks is going on.
15
16 Consider running also-info which should save a file to /tmp with info.
17
18 Consider running alsmixer to see what sound device, if any, is selected.
19
20 Consider searching for wave files (locate *.wav) and playing one using
21 aplay:
22
23 aplay /usr/local/MATLAB/R2018b/toolbox/signal/sigdemos/guitartune.wav
24
25 Consider posting back more info when you've got some to share.
26
27 Mark