From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Experiences with gtk3-nocsd?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:04:19
1 I'm sick and tired of the Gnome "CSD" nonsense which appears to be a
2 concerted effort to break gtk+ apps on all desktops other than very
3 specific configurations of Gnome desktops. To the Gnome developer's
4 credit, they seem to have been quite successful in that effort.
5
6 I've been trying to figure out how to disable the CSD breakage and
7 restore the ability to do normal window-manager stuff with gtk3 apps.
8 I have come across gtk3-nocsd:
9
10 https://github.com/PCMan/gtk3-nocsd
11 http://www.webupd8.org/2014/08/how-to-disable-gtk3-client-side.html
12 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788076
13
14 It looks like I would have to downgrade gtk+ from 3.16 to 3.14 in
15 order to use it. Has anybody tried it?
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! On the road, ZIPPY
19 at is a pinhead without a
20 gmail.com purpose, but never without
21 a POINT.