From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LAN speeds
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:51:19
1 On 12/9/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am scp-ing data between LAN machines both of which have 10/100 ethernet
5 > cards, going through a 10/100 router. Using blowfish, I get about say
6 > 55682.80 kbits/sec (as shown in iptraf).
7 >
8 > How much should I be getting considering the speed of the cards?
9
10 What kind of data? If it is lots of small files, the bottleneck could
11 be reading them from the hard drive. But ~7MB/s sounds reasonable to
12 me...the best I've seen on a 100mbit network is about 10MB/s through
13 TCP.
14
15 -Richard
16 --