From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups - print job owner
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 23:14:10
1 On 05/07/13 21:46, Mick wrote:
2 >On Tuesday 07 May 2013 16:48:42 Joseph wrote:
3 >> When I submit print job to my network printer cups display on the web-page:
4 >>
5 >> ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages
6 >> Brother-2907 Unknown Withheld 42k
7 >>
8 >> So I can not delete the print job as I'm not the owner.
9 >> How to control the ownership of the print job?
10 >>
11 >> In cupsd.conf I have:
12 >> ...
13 >> # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
14 >> <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
15 >> Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
16 >> Order deny,allow
17 >> </Limit>
18 >> ...
19 >>
20 >> I could make a short-cat and add:
21 >> Allow from my_ip_address
22 >>
23 >> but I don't think this is a good solution.
24 >
25 >Try something like this:
26 >
27 >$ cat /etc/group | grep lp
28 >lp:x:7:lp,michael
29 >lpadmin:x:106:
30 >
31 >That should allow you to cancel print jobs, otherwise sudo cancel.
32 >
33 >--
34 >Regards,
35 >Mick
36
37 That is what I have:
38
39 $ cat /etc/group | grep lp
40 lp:x:7:lp,joseph
41 lpadmin:x:106:
42
43 I still can not delete print job unless I'm root.
46 Joseph