From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo rocks
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 11:45:51
1 170519 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > It's about one year now since I locked myself in my room for a month
3 > and installed Gentoo :-)
4 > It has been an interesting and sometimes rough ride,
5 > but I learned many things along the way, and I got what I wanted :
6 > a desktop GNU/Linux that just does the things I want it to
7 > without stupid frills.
8
9 Back in autumn 2003, I had built my 2nd machine & planned to install Mandrake,
10 but its new version was delayed -- a fairly normal occurence --
11 & after having no joy with Slackware & IIRC Suse,
12 I thought "Why not try that new distro everyone's talking about ? "
13
14 After following the Guide faithfully, I suddenly found myself
15 looking at a working Gentoo system & have never looked away again.
16
17 > Many thanks to the developers and all others that helped me in this list.
18
19 This must be one of the most useful computer lists anywhere.
20 Thanks again to whoever it was told me how to get my new scanner working.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca