From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing ext3 and burning cds...
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:49:32
1 Bruno Gola wrote:
2 > Hi guys, does anyone know any way to resize a ext3 partition? i'm trying
3 > QTparted (parted) and i can't... when i try with qtparted it just does
4 > not let me resize it, and with parted (text mode) it complains:
5 >
6 > br ~ # parted /dev/hdb resize 1
7 > Start? [32kB]?
8 > End? [80GB]? 70GB
9 > Error: File system was not cleanly unmounted! You should run e2fsck.
10 > Modifying
11 > an unclean file system could cause severe corruption.
12 > Ignore/Cancel? Ignore
13 > Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled.
14 > Information: Don't forget to update /etc/fstab, if necessary.
18 > Note that the partition is umounted...
21 So, did you try e2fsck or not? No errors?
22
23 You can also use ext2resize but it only resizes the filesystem. You would need to use fdisk or something to change the partition table.
27 > My other problem is with my cd-writer, i can open (read) any cd with
28 > that... but when i try to burn (with k3b) i cant (it finds my device OK)
29 > but when i try to burn it just display : writing, but the bar dont move
30 > (the cd-writer starts to work), even i check the option SIMULATE, it
31 > does not work....
34 There's probably a tab or button you can click to see a log of the cdrecord output (cdrecord is the program that really does the burning). You need that in order to troubleshoot this.
35
36 Zac
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list