From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] livedvd v10.1 on eee PC
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:55:19
1 Hi group,
2
3 I'd like to hear of peoples' experiences with the gentoo-livedvd-10.1
4 especially on the eee PC.
5
6 In my case(asus 900a), whether I use startx at the boot prompt or let
7 xdm start by default, the X window starts to open and I see a glimpse
8 of the desktop but then the screen goes black and flickers and just
9 the outline of the mouse cursor is visible. If I switch to a console
10 and try to write a command I have to be fast because log messages are
11 being re-directed intermittently from F12 and just pop up on the
12 screen.
13
14 But livedvd boots ok in my desktop. The log stays where it's supposed to be.
15
16 Could it be the limited capability of the video chip in the eee? But
17 that doesn't explain the log bleeding over into the console.
18
19 PC and eee both have 1G ram, FWIW
20
21 Maxim