From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:47:58
1 On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:17 -0500, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > Hi Folks:
3 >
4 > I am looking for some linux software to allow me to record our church
5 > services in digital format.
6
7 the entire service, or just the "sermon" (/ speaker / whatever)?
8
9 We decided to use a hardware based CD recorder (with digital and
10 analog). I can't remember the name, but its one of the best investments
11 we've ever made (for the audio side of things that is :)
12
13 We don't record music through it, mainly because there's no demand for
14 it, and we only have 2 channels going to the recorder. After a recent
15 upgrade of mics, leads, EQ, etc, I am more than happy with the
16 professional quality of the device. It can easily make new tracks on
17 your button press, or on silence detection. Also, you don't have the
18 problem of software updates, disk crashes, etc.
19
20 The drawback is that you do have a CD created for each service, but you
21 can use CDRW's, and then rip them to a PC if you want.
22
23 Just another option to think of.
24 --
25 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
26
27 I have an existential map. It has "You are here" written all over it.
28 -- Steven Wright
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list