From: Yongming <smallming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Default USE flags for net-libs/webkit-gtk
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 03:00:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 I wonder if there is a place to read previous discussions for a
4 package/ebuild. Specifically, I am interested in the rationale behind
5 having the "geolocation" flag on by default for net-libs/webkit-gtk.
6
7 Currently on a desktop, having "geolocation" pulls in "geoclue" (which
8 in turn pulls in "modemmanager" and so on), which is seemingly
9 unnecessary in my case. I understand that these dependencies can be
10 customised via /etc/portage/package.use/*, but I am also curious about
11 the thinking behind net-libs/webkit-gtk having "geolocation" flag on
12 by default.
15 Yongming