From: Davide De Prisco <deprisco.davide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Put cron mail into local maildir
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 05:59:25
1 I set the mailto variable on /etc/crontab and when something go wrong a
2 mail is sent to my address. Is what you want?
3 Il giorno 11/lug/2013 03:01, "Frank Steinmetzger" <Warp_7@×××.de> ha
4 scritto:
5
6 > Hey list
7 >
8 > I've been reading up on how to receive mails from cron (in my case
9 > vixie-cron). I found stuff (including in this list's archives) about
10 > setting up sendmail (using m4, bleh) or postfix.
11 >
12 > ATM I use msmtp in connection with mutt to send mail to external mail
13 > providers. I “just” want cron mails delivered into a local maildir/mbox
14 > so it appears in mutt. Do I really have to run an SMTP server for that?
15 > Or is there some minimal tool that can be run by cron directly and which
16 > just puts the mail into the local destination?
17 >
18 > Cheers.
19 > --
20 > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
21 > Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook
22 > service.
23 >
24 > “Ask us no questions and we’ll tell you no lies.” – Fred Weasley