From: Mariusz Zalewski <mz-gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to install iplimit?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:06:38
1 >>> I would like to use iplimit in my firewall.
2 >
3 >> I'm still using 2.6.11-r9, but, it appears to be in yours too. From
4 >> "make menuconfig" under the 2.6.11-r9 it is here:
5 > [...]
6 >> <m> limit match support
7 >
8 > It is not this module. "limit" module can limit number of packets in
9 > specified amount of time. But I want to limit number of parallel
10 > connections from define IP.
11
12 Ups... I've had the old news about iplimit. There is a feature, which I
13 would like to use in ipt_limit module, as Chad Feller wrote. The module
14 to enable in iptables (-m) is called connlimit, not iplimit.
15
16 But I have now another problem. When I want to use connlimit module, I
17 always get iptables error: "iptables: No chain/target/match by that name"
18
19 For example:
20
21 # lsmod | grep limit
22 ipt_limit 2240 2
23
24 iptables -A FORWARD -o eth2 -s 192.168.0.12 \
25 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 60 -j REJECT
26 iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
27
28 Any other rules (not -m connlimit) added to FORWARD chain are working well.
31 I've tried to compile ipt_limit in kernel (not as module), but the error
32 appears also.
35 MZ
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list