From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] modular X : all's well + a suggestion
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:04:15
1 Resuming Nvidia with modular X proved to be easy using the Guide,
2 which anyway agrees to my home-made help file from previous occasions.
3
4 The ~x86 driver pkg 8774 offered no difficulties with kernel 2.6.18 ,
5 except that I had to add a line to xorg.conf :
6
7 Section "Monitor"
8 ...
9 DisplaySize 280 210
10
11 to avoid having some fonts appear tiny (in KDE 3.5.4):
12 it was calculating DPI as 75 (wrong), not 92 (correct).
13 Possibly, this sb added to the trouble-shooting section of the Guide,
14 as others seem to have run into it (I found the solution on the Forum).
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list