From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X fails after new install
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:15:38
1 A couple of months ago when the new X came out I did an upgrade on my
2 x86 box and all went well. Recently I reinstalled Gentoo on the same
3 box because I wanted to repartition my hard disk, now I can't get X working.
4
5 I'm using xfce4 and when I run startx or startxfce4 I get errors saying
6 no ati, vesa, fbdev modules and then no windows. My make.conf has
7 INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" and VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx". There isn't and
8 xorg.conf file, but I don't think I need one anymore; also X -configure
9 fails.
10
11 It should work since everything worked after the upgrade, but the clean
12 install fails. Any ideas?
13
14 Thanks,
15