From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] rsync daemon with transmit timeout
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:30:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 I want to make an rsync daemon, that allows only one connection at a
4 time. This is to sort-of manage some files that I don't want multiple
5 people editing at once.
6
7 I tried with xinetd and rsync, and an rsyncd.conf pointing to a small
8 directory containing the files.
9
10 $ cat /etc/xinetd.d/rsyncd-sched
11 service rsyncd-sched
12 {
13 disable = no
14 only_from = 0.0.0.0
15 socket_type = stream
16 wait = no
17 user = root
18 server = /usr/bin/rsync
19 server_args = --daemon --no-detach --timeout=300 --config=/home/sms/etc/rsyncd-sched.conf
20 log_on_failure += USERID
21 nice = 10
22 instances = 1
23 }
24
25 I tried various combinations of --daemon and --no-detach, but rsync
26 fails saying that --timeout is not valid in daemon mode.
27
28 I want the server to manage the timeout, and not the client, so that a
29 rouge client can go dead, and the server will automatically detach it.
30
31 I couldn't find any xinetd options to set a timeout on transmitting
32 data. Do I have to go into socket options? I don't have to use rsync -
33 sftp or something else would do as well as the number of files is quite
34 small...
35
36 Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!
37
38 cya,
42 Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list