From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Success (mostly)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:43:05
1 On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > A few years back I bought a Tyan SMP board (dual Athlon 1000's if I
4 > recall). I was very pleased as it screamed through builds. Then
5 > summer arrived, and with a computer room that gets warmish, I had lots
6 > of cooling problems. That fall the power supply fried itself and the
7 > mobo. To make a long story short, the Tyan was nice, but not right for
8 > me. My present Athlon 64 X2 is doing very nicely now...
9
10 The Tyan Thunder I am running at work is also a power hungry dog, but
11 would that not be mainly because of the CPUs? Wouldn't newer Opterons
12 be more efficient? That's what I'm hoping for.
13
14 Yes, I like the Athlon 64 XP2. The point being that the Tyan was a
15 cadillac of a motherboard---and priced out of my range.
16
17 Alan
23 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com
24
25 "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
26 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man
27
28 "We have no art. We do everything as well as we can." ---Balinese saying