From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage directory ownerships?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:24:06
1 james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > So looking at /etc/portage/repos.conf, it seems root.root owns these
6 > files; shouldn't it be portage.portage? and /usr/portage
7
8 On my system /etc/portage/repos.conf is also owned by root:root
9
10 > That got me thinking. Everywhere that portage operates or owns
11 > things, should the ownership not be portage.portage
12 > and what would the typical permissions be?
13 >
14 > Is there a master list I can look at? Surely root not own all
15 > these dirs, like /usr/portage/* ? My /usr/portage is root.root
16 > and 755 on permissions, is that right?
17
18 On my system /usr/portage/* is owned by portage:portage and permissions
19 for directories is drwxrwsr-x and for files -rw-rw-r--
20
21 In make.conf I have usersandbox and userpriv in my FEATURES list.
22 Dunno, but maybe this has something to do with ownership/permissions.
25 Regards
26 wabe