From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mainactor - which build is likely to work best?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:31:55
1 I am currently experimenting with mainactor as a video editor. There are
2 three builds to choose from - debian, suse and mandriva. Which would be
3 likely to be most stable on a gentoo system built with gcc-3.4.4? I am
4 currently trying the suse demo. It's not too bad, but it has crashed a few
5 more times than I'd like.
6
7 For those who are wondering, kino is fine and stable, but not designed for
8 complex jobs, while cinelerra is unspeakably uncooperative IMO. Couldn't get
9 it to capture dv for the life of me, and it locked up all the time.
10
11 I'm going to give lives a shot as well. I'll let you know how I get on.
12
13 Best
14 Robert
15 --
16 Robert Persson
17
18 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
19 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list