From: Steve Dommett <steve@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge world
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:55:49
1 On Friday 28 September 2007, Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Ok, so, why is portage blocking the update?
3 It's not an update, it's a new install.
4 Something else which is installed (and probably wanting to be updated) is
5 trying to pull in splashutils-1.5.2 or later as a dependency. As this
6 version is not currently available to you, portage is bailing out as not all
7 dependencies could be satisfied.
8
9 equery d splashutils
10 may give you some idea what is trying to pull in the newer version. I'm
11 guessing it's sys-power/suspend or sys-power/hibernate-script.
12
13 Adding the two lines I suggested previously to /etc/portage/package.keywords
14 will almost certainly fix the problem for you. I had the same problem on my
15 laptop some days ago.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list