From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/env.d help
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:14:09
1 Hi,
2
3 You don't write export VAR_NAME in env.d. In the /etc/env.d u only write
4 VAR_NAME="some value"
5 Then run env-update && source /etc/profile
6 In your particular case:
7
8 add in /etc/env.d/90local and not in /etc/env.d/10MozillaFirefox
9 (this one might get
10 overwritten with an upgrade):
11 $ vim /etc/env.d/90local
12 XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
13 $ env-update && source /etc/profile
14 $ firefox
15
16 U have to restart u'r X session or start firefox from the shell to
17 "see" the new environment.
18
19 Hope it helps,
20 C.
21
22 Grant wrote:
23
24 >Hello, this document:
25 >
26 >http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Xorg_X11_and_Transparency
27 >
28 >directs me to add the following:
29 >
30 >export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
31 >
32 >to a file under '/etc/env.d/' to keep flash from crashing firefox. I
33 >tried adding it to:
34 >
35 >/etc/env.d/10MozillaFirefox
36 >
37 >which already contains:
38 >
39 >LDPATH=/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox
40 >
41 >but it does not seem to work. I can get it to work by adding the
42 >appropriate line to /usr/bin/firefox, but that is overwritten with a
43 >new firefox emerge. Can someone tell me how to use /etc/env.d
44 >properly?
45 >
46 >- Grant
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list