From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] launching iptables
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:50:21
1 On 8/2/06, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I've got my own iptables script to launch a customized firewall, located in
5 > /usr/local/bin.
6 >
7 > I'm aware of /etc/init.d/iptables the 'runscipt'. I do not wish to edit this
8 > scipt as 'gentoo' updates nuke my edits therein. Where is the gentoo
9 > place of preference to launch my scipt after the gentoo runscipt
10 > '/etc/init.d/iptables' is finished running?
11
12 The best way is to run your script to setup the firewall the way you
13 want. Then do:
14
15 /etc/init.d/iptables save
16 rc-udpate -a iptables default
17
18 Then, the Gentoo iptables script will restore *your* rules every time
19 you boot. Any time you make a change to the rules, just run
20 "/etc/init.d/iptables save" to have Gentoo save off your current
21 rules.
22
23 -Richard
24 --