From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Syncing Directories between 2 Linux boxes
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:59:40
1 Hi folks:
2
3 I have brought my new Gentoo File server online over the weekend, and I am in the process of getting things set up. I have bumped into one situation that I could really use some help with. Please bear with me as a bit of explaination will be necessary.
4
5 Our school website is hosted on our webserver (192.168.0.29) in /var/www/mca0506/htdocs the site is created with Macromedia Dreamweaver (I know I know....) and the teachers edit it using Macromedia Contribute. This is important because, Dreamweaver makes changes to my local files (which are on 192.168.0.4/data/website/mca0506) and Contribute makes its changes directly on the live site on the main webserver. What I need is a way to sync the two bi-directionally. As I create pages etc, those changes would need to go up to the site, and as the teachers update their sites etc, those changes would need to be synced back to my local files, both so that I can
6
7 Timothy A. Holmes
8 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
9
10 Medina Christian Academy
11 A Higher Standard...
12