From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Duplicate identical Hard Disk
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 22:49:32
1 I have two identical HD in the box and want to duplicate sda to sdb;
2 sdb is not even partitioned.
3
4 I think I could do:
5 dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb
6 but I need to boot from CD isn't it?
7
8 I would like the second disk to function as an identical bootable backup (just in case something will malfunction after emerge :-/)
9 So I would normally boot from sda but have an ability to boot from sdb, just in case)
10 So after duplicating the disk I would need to modify the grub, fstab on sdb hard disk.
11
12 I'm not even sure if it will do what I need. What are my other options RAID-1?
13 RAID-1 will not protect me if something happens after emerge.
16 Joseph