From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help building pg_dumpfile
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:56:33
1 Hello list,
2
3 I am having difficulty configuring the path variables of a MakeFile. I am tring to build
4 pg_filedump with no success. You'll have to forgive me if this is a no-brainer, this is my first
5 attempt at building software without the aid of emerge.
6
7 Here are the instructions in the README:
8 **************************************************************
9 There are two makefiles included in this package. Makefile is a
10 standalone makefile for pg_filedump. Alter the include and src
11 variables to point to the proper directories. Makefile.contrib can be
12 used if the package was untarred in the contrib directory of a
13 PostgreSQL/RHDB build tree.
14
15 make
16 make install (if in the contrib directory)
17 *************************************************************
20 Here are the paths the path variable that I am using:
21 *************************************************************
22 #INCLUDE=/usr/include/pgsql/server
23 INCLUDE=/usr/include/postgresql/server
24
25 # PGSQL MUST POINT TO pgsql SOURCE DIRECTORY
26 #PGSQL=../../../../postgres/pgsql
27 PGSQL=/usr/lib/postgresql
28 *************************************************************
29
30 Here is what I am getting when I "make"
31
32 make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/postgresql/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c', needed by
33 `pg_crc.o'. Stop.
37 I am pretty sure I specified the correct Include directory. But I really don't have a clue what
38 the SOURCE directory should be.
39
40 Can anyone give me any pointers?
41