From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting rid of gcc-4.7.3...how?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:24:07
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> [14-12-19 16:12]:
2 > On Friday 19 December 2014 11:18:34 Mick wrote:
3 > > I run fix_libtool_files.sh after a new gcc
4 > > is installed, BEFORE I remove the old version. I made a bit of a habit
5 > > of this, but I don't know if modern ebuilds of gcc actually run the same
6 > > script post install.
7 >
8 > I've found that emerge -c gcc runs fix_libtool_files.sh automatically. This
9 > has been true for quite a while now.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Rgds
13 > Peter.
17 Hi Peter,
18
19 that implies that running fix_libtool_files.sh right after installing
20 gcc is ok before removing the old gcc. This is the opposite from
21 previous mail.
22
23 By the way: I could'n find optino "-c" for emerge in the manpages...
24
25 Best
26 Meino