From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: scripted iptables-restore
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:22:03
1 On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:45:10PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
2
3 > Access to my backend network is two-factor - ssh keys and decent
4 > passwords.
5
6 That is *NOT* Two-factor authentication. See
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication for the
8 details. Executive summary... Two-factor authentication requires you to
9 present two authentication factors each time. I.e. it's A *AND* B.
10 Your setup is A *OR* B. The usual implimentations include 2 factors...
11 1) userID+password
12 2) a small credit-card-sized unit that generates random-looking
13 multi-digit numbers that change every minute.
14
15 In order to logon the user must enter both the userID+password combo
16 *AND* the current number on the token card.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications