From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Full Squid Cache
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:17:37
1 On 19 January 2006 03:01, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > I have a slight problem, my squid cache is full and hence I cant
5 > browse any websites through the proxy. How does one get squid to clean
6 > out old items? I would of thought squid would of removed older items.
7 > I would prefer not to just delete it and recreate it but rather clean
8 > it out.
9
10 Squid does that. Do you go with the default configuration of squid? That
11 creates a rather small cache. Go to /etc/squid/squid.conf and change the last
12 number for cache_dir from 256 to 1024 or 2048. Don't forget to uncomment that
13 line. Restart squid. That should do it.
14
15 Uwe
18 Unix is sexy:
19 who | grep -i blonde | date