From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem which makes gnome unusable partially solved
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 09:18:02
1 On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 03:23:53 -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > this led me to think that maybe nvidia-settings had something to do with
4 > it and I discovered I had an old version not sure how that got to stay
5 > and I tried to install the latest one, which had two effects -- it
6 > downgraded nvidia-drivers to 3.55.11 and tried to install
7 > nvidia-settings, but that would not install because there is a file
8 > conflict with -- guess what -- nvidia drivers! So I unmerged the old
9 > one and for now it seems to work, but I don't know what will happen in
10 > the future this way. Very strange!
11
12 Looking at the ebuilds, it appears that nvidia-settings is installed by
13 the nvdidia-drivers package, controlled by the tools USE flag. Try
14 setting that flag and unmerging nvidia-settings.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 He's so cool, he could get frostbite from masturbating.