From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help with xorg-server-1.9.4 and no hal; broken mouse/keyboard/X
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:47:15
1 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 02/19/2011 07:44 PM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> [...]
7 >>> I have just updated xorg to 1.9.4 with USE -hal and removed hal in
8 >>> this order (also needed to remove hal from the default run level). I
9 >>> tried startx using the existing xorg.conf and X does not start
10 >>> correctly, I have no mouse and a frozen screen (no keyboard) with the
11 >>> arrow cursor placed in the middle of the screen. I also tried to start
12 >>> X without an xorg.conf; same problem.
13 >>>
14 >> Since you removed HAL support, did you enable udev support?
15 >>
16 > I am not sure how to do this. Is it a matter of adding a USE="udev" in
17 > /etc/make.conf ?
18 > < SNIP>>
19 > Thanks,
20 >
21 > --
22 > Valmor
25 That's where mine is. Just add it and do a emerge -Na world to see what
26 changes.
27
28 Dale
29