From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB crucial file recovery
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:30:21
1 On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:09:43 -0400, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > > Have you considered using cloud storage for the files instead? That
4 > > also gives you the option of version control with some services.
5 >
6 > The initial backup of my hard drives would easily burn through my
7 > monthly gigabytes allotment. Until evrybody gets truly unlimited
8 > bandwidth, forget about it.
9
10 Who mentioned using it for backups? I suggested as an alternative to
11 a USB stick for sharing a file or two between machines.
12
13 What is your monthly gigabyte allotment for your LAN? Keeping the
14 files on a personal cloud, or NS storage, may well be the better
15 alternative.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 "Time is the best teacher....., unfortunately it kills all the students"