From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unable to reboot
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:20:56
1 Hi all,
2
3 after an update my system is unable to reboot, or shutdown...
4
5 it hangs just after unloading ALSA modules, and nothing else happens.
6
7 I had some problem with gcc (after the update), something about I had
8 to remocpile it because of some bug. but apart from that, nothing else
9 strange.
10
11 gcc-config -l
12 [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.2 *
15 I've recompiled sysvinit, and I'm wondering if I need to recompile
16 somethign else
19 # eix sysvinit
20 [I] sys-apps/sysvinit
21 Available versions: 2.86-r8 ~2.86-r9 2.86-r10 ~2.86-r12 {ibm kernel_FreeBSD selinux static}
22
23 i don't know how to debug or next step... I've lost my xfce menu icons,
24 so I was wondering if maybe my gcc problems are most serious than I
25 first thought.
26
27 Anyone found this probem before?
28