From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need more NFS help
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:05:35
1 A couple of weeks ago I switched my gcc profile over and rebuilt
2 everything with emerge -e system and emerge -e world. Now, when I
3 restart the computer (any of the three on my LAN), the NFS shares listed
4 in /etc/fstab are not automatically mounted. I can mount them manually
5 with no errors. Here's an example of one of my /etc/fstab files:
6
7 camille ~ # cat /etc/fstab
8 # This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
9 # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
10 # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/fstab,v 1.18.4.1
11 2005/01/31 23:05:14 vapier Exp $
12 #
13 # noatime turns off atimes for increased performance (atimes normally
14 aren't
15 # needed; notail increases performance of ReiserFS (at the expense of
16 storage
17 # efficiency). It's safe to drop the noatime options if you want and
19 # switch between notail / tail freely.
20 #
21 # See the manpage fstab(5) for more information.
22
24
25 # NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to
26 opts.
27 /dev/sda2 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
28 /dev/sda6 / ext3 noatime 0 1
29 /dev/sda7 none swap sw
30 0 0
31 /dev/sda5 none swap sw 0 0
32 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/store/ xfs noatime
33 0 0
34 #/dev/sda1 /mnt/windows ext3 noatime 0 1
35 /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0
36 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
37 carter:/backup /backup/carter nfs bg,hard
38 0 0
39 carter:/usr/portage /usr/portage nfs bg,hard
40 0 0
41 carter:/home/michael/camera /mnt/Pictures nfs bg,hard 0 0
42 nfs bg,hard 0 0
43 #carter:/home/michael/BizarreBits /home/michael/BizarreBits/ nfs
44 bg,hard 0 0
45 catherine:/backup /backup/catherine nfs bg,hard
46 0 0
47 # NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!
48 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
49
50 # glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
51 # POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
52 # (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
53 # use almost no memory if not populated with files)
54 shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
55
56 I can say at the command prompt:
57
58 mount carter:/backup /backup/carter
59
60 and it works fine without any errors. Why are these not being mounted
61 at boot? Netmount starts at the default runlevel, but my nfs shares are
62 not mounting...