From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend to ram: correct behavior?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:36:49
1 Am Sonntag, den 21.12.2008, 15:04 +0100 schrieb damian:
2 > When I suspend to ram my laptop I've noticed the usb ports still yield
3 > energy (the light of my external hard drive stays on) and also the led
4 > of the wired network device is on. Is this supposed to happen? I think
5 > it should be a problem because the laptop consumes more energy that
6 > way. Does anybody know how to solve it?
7 Try enabling or disabling "USB_SUSPEND" (Device Drivers->USB
8 support->USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup) in your kernel.
9
10 If that does not help, unloading the USB and wireless drivers before
11 suspend should do the trick.
12 If you use "sys-power/pm-utils" for suspend & hibernate, you can add
13 kernel modules for automatic removal before suspend to SUSPEND_MODULES
14 in /etc/pm/config.d/modules.
15
16 Bye,
17 Daniel